Please see below a refresher on the existing travel guidelines to Sri Lanka.
- Travellers (12 years and above) to carry a negative COVID-19 PCR test report (done within 72 hours prior to embarkation) OR Rapid Antigen Test report (done within 48 hours prior to embarkation), and the original vaccination card (if applicable) in English. Self Swabs are disallowed.
- Click here to pay for mandatory COVID-19 insurance at USD 12 for a policy of USD 75,000 for all travellers including children.
- Each traveller to fill the online Health Declaration Form here prior to boarding the flight. Upload documents (vaccination record (if applicable), predeparture COVID-19 negative test report, data page of the passport etc.) and obtain the QR code. Ensure to carry this code on mobile or a hardcopy.
Procedure after formalities at the Airport
Vaccinated(departed 14 days after complete vaccination)
- Free to travel to the community WITHOUT any other tests or quarantine stays.
- Children of 12-18 years if departed 14 days after obtaining at least a single dose of Pfizer Vaccine, will be considered ‘Fully Vaccinated’.
Unvaccinated Children of Vaccinated Parents
- Up to 12 Years: No further tests are needed.
- 12 – 18 Years: Day 1 PCR to be done at a Lab in Katunayake or Level 1 Safe & Secure Hotel before being allowed to go to the community. If test report is positive (with a CT value > 30), they will be free to travel.
Unvaccinated/ Partially Vaccinated
- On-Arrival PCR Test and undergo a 7-day bio-bubble travel in Level 1 Safe & Secure Hotels.
- Exit PCR Test/ RAT by Day 7 and be released to the community.
- Travellers who wish to leave to other foreign countries during the bio-bubble period can do so after getting a negative PCR test report.
Unvaccinated Children of Unvaccinated/ Partially Vaccinated Parents
- Up to 12 Years: No tests are needed
- 12-18 Years: Protocol same as ’Unvaccinated/ Partially Vaccinated’ Parents.
Pre-infected travellers (within the past 6 months) and arriving with a single dose of vaccine taken 2 weeks after recovery.
- If arriving 14 days post-vaccination, the above protocol for ‘vaccinated’ will apply.
- If not fully vaccinated, should arrive after obtaining a single dose of Astra Zeneca/ Pfizer BioNTech/ Moderna/ Johnson & Johnson, Sputnik Light etc.
- Should carry a diagnosis card, positive PCR test report, positive RAT, verified proof of past illness in English.
- If 14 days have not passed post-vaccination, protocols under ‘partially vaccinated’ will apply.
- Unvaccinated children up to 18 years will be free to move to the community with their parents.
*For travellers departed within less than two weeks after completion of recommended doses of vaccination, protocols under ‘unvaccinated/ partially vaccinated’ will be applied until they complete Day 14 post-vaccination.
This will be revised depending on the COVID-19 situation in the country and globally.